Residency applications are open for 2020
We are accepting submissions for 4-8 week residencies for our 2019 Social Practice program. Artists submitting proposals for this program are asked to keep in mind the following:
- Projects must include community activation, participatory making or viewing experiences, and/or social engagement with the local neighborhood.
- Residencies must culminate in an exhibition, performance, or community experience
- Experience will last 2-8 weeks
- Successful projects balance rigorous critical discourse, genuine social exchange, and artistic experimentation.
Note that applications engaging with the surrounding neighborhood and/or local community in an exploitative or disingenuous manner will not be accepted.
We will provide:
- Free shared studio space
- Limited studio furniture
- Large exhibition wall
- Connections with local community members, activists, and galleries
- Peer-to-peer mentorship as needed
- WIFI and climate controlled workspace
We’d love to work with you!
Tell us more about you and your project.